Windows OracleService msytery

From: Randy Harris <randy_at_SpamFree.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 03:19:21 GMT

I've got an odd problem with 9i (9.2.0.4) on Windows XP, hoping that someone can give me a pointer in the right direction.

The database is not starting with the system service. I can start the db with sqlplus, no problem. When the system boots, the server service starts but it doesn't start the database. The alert log shows no indication of why that is. It does indicate, however, that the service is not shutting down the database either. I can stop and restart the service, but the instance is crashed and does not restart until I start it with sqlplus. Any idea why this might be?

--
Randy Harris
tech at promail dot com