Re: PHP DLL's anyone?

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 08 Feb 2006 08:50:18 GMT

DravenStone <chiptricks_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> While I appreciate the subtle elegance of your slam there, I'm still
> inclined to be annoyed by you and the folks in general who think it is
> much fun to bash writing styles, grammar, and spelling in the stead of
> being helpful. It's almost like being on slashdot, only somehow it's
> worse, but it may be better then fark... no, on second thought fark is
> sometimes funny.
>
> There is little I hate more then someone who calls upon the expertise
> of others with an expectation that they should be given help simply
> because they asked. When I make a request for assistance in this (or
> any other medium) I like to convey the magnitude of the situation so
> that one may understand the appreciation that I would feel for getting
> some assistance.

I am sorry if I annoyed you, that was not my intention.

I realized that you probably had a real problem and needed help.

Of course style and grammar are just the salt and not the nutrients of communication.
But as you know there are so many postings out there, and if you read a newsgroup posting and you don't feel interested after reading the subject and the first 2 lines, most people will just skip the posting.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Wed Feb 08 2006 - 02:50:18 CST