Re: select on a view -> ORA-12571

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 08 Feb 2006 09:04:36 GMT

Andreas Mosmann <keineemails_at_gmx.de> wrote:
> there is a view that is compiled fine. It is also possible to select
> from this view. And it is also possible to use a where- clause. But if I
> use the field VID_SBA inside the where- clause I get an error ORA-12571
> an the connection to DB is closed.
> Where do I have to look for the problem?

The description of ORA-12571 is
*Cause: An error occurred during a data send. *Action: Not normally visible to the user. For further details, turn on tracing and reexecute the operation. If error persists, contact Oracle Customer Support.

This seems like something that should not happen and is possibly a bug, particularly if you can reproduce it with a certain query.

Have a look into the alert log and see if there is a trace file on the server that contains additional information.

Try client and server tracing and see if new insights can be gained.

If you can't find anything, you'll have to ask Oracle (if you have a support contract).
But be assured that the first thing they will tell you is to upgrade to the latest fix level (9.2.0.7) and see if the problem persists.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Wed Feb 08 2006 - 03:04:36 CST