Re: Oracle 9i View's Primary Key constraint

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 19 Jan 2006 18:16:01 -0800

warren.liyongbo_at_gmail.com wrote:
: Hi,

: In Oracle 9i we can create primary key constraint for views.

I think that is a misunderstanding.

I think that Oracle's SQL supports the syntax of defining the constraints, but doesn't do anything with it.

i.e. that part of the SQL is silently ignored.

$0.10

You can enforce any constraints you wish using an instead of trigger, (or by using suitable constraints on the underlying table). Received on Thu Jan 19 2006 - 20:16:01 CST