Upgrading/Patching Oracle on a laptop

From: Gerald <dbyte32_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2006 10:42:54 -0800

    I have Windows XP Service Pack 2 with oracle server 9.2.0.1.0 installed on my laptop for local development. I want to bring my local database server up to version 9.2.0.6.0 or 9.2.0.7.0. to match what my clients have installed on the server.

    Under XP the installer asks that over 2 dozens services be shutdown and some of these windows will not allow to be stopped.

Has any one succesfully upgraded an Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 database on under WIndows XP? Any ideas on how to get around having to disable over 2 dozens services.

Thanks

   Gerald Received on Wed Jan 11 2006 - 12:42:54 CST