Issue with DBLink

From: raghu <raghu_vnin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Dec 2005 09:43:18 -0800

Hi,

Our application uses a dblink to connect to a different database (Oracle 9i). We have been facing issues with the dblink going down due to firewall/networking issues. Hence I am trying to include a functionality of checking if the dblink is working fine. In this regard, is 'tnsping dbinstance' a good approach to test the dblink? Any other options?

Thanks. Received on Thu Dec 29 2005 - 11:43:18 CST