Re: Issue with DBLink

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:13:59 +0100

raghu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our application uses a dblink to connect to a different database
> (Oracle 9i). We have been facing issues with the dblink going down due
> to firewall/networking issues. Hence I am trying to include a
> functionality of checking if the dblink is working fine.
> In this regard, is 'tnsping dbinstance' a good approach to test the
> dblink? Any other options?
>
> Thanks.

Just recently, there has been a thread just about tnsping for testing whether another, remote, db was up or down. Search google newsgroup archives.

I would strongly suggest to rework your firewall; installing a sql*net aware firewall would be one option.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...