Re: Please help me with a simple query!!!

From: <grohrer_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Dec 2005 21:01:05 -0800

I DO know the widgets I want to return, for example

Dept     Product
01        002312
02        023124
01        002315
05        002312

As you can see, there are two product numbers with 002312 but each has a different department. In all I have a hundred or more KNOWN widgets that I want to return.

My question is how can I build an effecient query against a table when I have about a hundred or so items like the above, where I need to query against the department number AND product number.

Do I do the long where clause for about a hundred of these.. ..
WHERE (dept = '01' AND product = '002312) OR (dept = '02' AND product = '023124') OR...

Or is there a better way? The above example will make for a REALLY long query string.

Thanks,