9ids can be used as application server ??

From: <kishanthakker_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2005 00:56:25 -0800

Dear friends,

I have been facing a peculiar problem. I would be highly obliged if someone can give a clear picture of the said problem

We have oracle 8.1.7 as back-end on sco unixware. and developer 2000 as from-end on windows98se. we have aprox. 150 nodes with 35 concurrent users having local printers (dot matrix).

almost 2 years back we were offered oracle 9i on linux and 9ids on windows 2000, with the impression that NO APPLICATION SERVER will be required, and 9ids installed on seperate server can be used as application server for the above mentioned user base.

We have the following queries.

  1. Dotmatrix printer installed on local node can be used to print reports in CHARACTER mode ?
  2. 9ids installed on windows 2000 can cater to the 35 concurrent users' need ?
  3. Responce time will remain the same as developer 2000 or it will detoriate (assuming 9ids server is having normal configuration as any other node).?

I Hope I have conveyed my queries properly.

hope to receive reply soon.

Thanks in Advance.

Kishan Thakker Received on Tue Dec 13 2005 - 02:56:25 CST