Re: ORA-03117 resulting from package procedure parameter record types

From: Rick <richard.kromkamp_at_contax.com>
Date: 1 Dec 2005 11:40:34 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:
> Rick wrote:
>
> > The simplest way to determine if the problem is occurring is to do the
> > following in SQL Plus:
> > SQL> describe test_pkg
> > ERROR:
> > ORA-03117: two-task save area overflow
> >
> > If I create a test block (without bind variables) it will actually
> > execute no problem. The problem occurs when attempting to execute the
> > procedure from Powerbuilder, or PL/SQL Developer or any other client
> > tool that we use. Regardless, if you can do the describe, than it is
> > suffice to say that you do not have the problem.
>
> You mean this this?
>
> SQL> desc test_pkg
> PROCEDURE PROC1
> Argument Name Type In/Out Default?
> ------------------------------ ----------------------- ------ --------
> IREC_X RECORD IN
> CA_ID NUMBER IN
> PROG_REC RECORD IN
> PROG_REC RECORD IN
> PROG_ID NUMBER IN
>
> SQL>
>
> ;-)
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> http://www.psoug.org
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)

If I could see that, I would be a happy camper. In one of my tools (PL/SQL Developer), I've found a way around the issue, but specifying the "Force OCI7 mode on OCI8" connection parameter. Unfortunately, I can't specify anything like that in PB, so it's pretty much back to square one. Sounds like it's time to let the DBA's take over.

Thanks for all your help. Received on Thu Dec 01 2005 - 13:40:34 CST