Re: ORA-03117 resulting from package procedure parameter record types

From: Rob Zijlstra <rj.zijlstra_at_tiscali.nl>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:45:58 +0100

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:11:34 -0800, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:

>Rick wrote:
>
>> The simplest way to determine if the problem is occurring is to do the
>> following in SQL Plus:
>> SQL> describe test_pkg
>> ERROR:
>> ORA-03117: two-task save area overflow
>>
>> If I create a test block (without bind variables) it will actually
>> execute no problem. The problem occurs when attempting to execute the
>> procedure from Powerbuilder, or PL/SQL Developer or any other client
>> tool that we use. Regardless, if you can do the describe, than it is
>> suffice to say that you do not have the problem.
>
>You mean this this?
>
>SQL> desc test_pkg
>PROCEDURE PROC1
> Argument Name Type In/Out Default?
> ------------------------------ ----------------------- ------ --------
> IREC_X RECORD IN
> CA_ID NUMBER IN
> PROG_REC RECORD IN
> PROG_REC RECORD IN
> PROG_ID NUMBER IN
>
>SQL>
>
>;-)

Justr tested this:

Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

SQL> describe test_pkg
PROCEDURE PROC1

 Argument Name                  Type                    In/Out
Default?

Rob Zijlstra Received on Thu Dec 01 2005 - 13:45:58 CST