Oracle 8.1.7 and 9i on same AIX server

From: chuck <cbriscoe_at_aarp.org>
Date: 18 Nov 2005 19:14:16 -0800

We have upgraded all our AIX servers to Oracle 9i. However there is 1 application that will not run on 9i and 8.1.7 is required. Our DBAs are running both versions of Oracle on the same 2 servers. We have 15 other servers that have been running with no issues and they are running only Oracle 9i. The 2 servers that are running both versions of Oracle periodicly lock-up and a reboot is required. IBM analized the dumps and found no memory issues.

The symptoms are:

Users can not telnet to server
If already logged on at console you have a command line where you can enter commands but they all return the same error.

"could not load program (command name) - dependent module
libbsd.a(shr.o) could not be loaded
system error:not enough space"

Dump analysis shows no space issue related to paging or memory. We are getting ready to activate "Memory Overlap Detection System" and the
"Net Malloc Police" on the AIX OS in an attempt to go into furture
detail in our next dump analysis.

Does anyone know of any known issues running both versions on the same server. Received on Fri Nov 18 2005 - 21:14:16 CST