Slow Oracle Update only under load

From: <fsa3_at_optonline.net>
Date: 17 Nov 2005 17:16:57 -0800

Hi all,

I'm load testing an application and found that an oracle update query made via JDBC by the app is taking between 2-20 seconds under 100 user load. With 1 user load the same query takes 0.05 seconds. The query is basically:

Update mytable set colA=?, colB=?, BLOBCOL=<blob> where mytablekey = ?

High level system statistics look fine. I'm not very knowledgeable in tuning oracle so I'm coming here for some next things to look at. What are common tuning parameters to solve an issue of a query that is normally fast but slow under load.

Thanks in advance. Received on Thu Nov 17 2005 - 19:16:57 CST