10g Client and Server and ODBC

From: Wotan <wotan_79_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Oct 2005 18:37:47 -0700

We have a VB6 application that connects using ODBC to Oracle database. Currently we are using Oracle 8.1.7, with ODBC driver 8.1.7.1.

How backwardly compatible is the ODBC driver supplied with 10g than that for 8i? I've looked on the web for the release notes, currently out of the office so don't have the disks to hand, so if someone could post a link of where to download them from it would be useful.

I know it's an open-ended question, but does anyone know of any major upgrade issues they have come across during a similar upgrade?

Also, my understanding is that the ODBC driver supplied with 8i was not compatible with jet databases in the same format as Access 2000 and greater (Jet 4.5 I think, but could be wrong). Are the later ODBC compatible? Received on Tue Oct 25 2005 - 20:37:47 CDT