Oracle on Solaris virtual server

From: Randy Harris <randy_at_SpamFree.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:23:08 GMT

I don't have ready access to the Oracle sales rep and would appreciate it if someone would tell me what I will be told when I ask him.

My Oracle database will be migrated to a new server. It is some sort of super server running Solaris that gets sliced up into multiple virtual servers called zones.

Does a single Oracle license cover that system or does each virtual server need its own license?

Also, does the version of Oracle used have any bearing on this?

Thanks Received on Wed Oct 19 2005 - 13:23:08 CDT