dbms_output and trigger

From: <rshriyan_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Oct 2005 14:36:49 -0700

Hi,

I have been working with oracle for sometime and few days back a collegue asked me a very simple question and I felt ashamed to say I didnt have a definitive answer :).

Appareantly in one of our production instance someone migrated a trigger code with dbms_output.put_line. I know in Java world if you have debug commands and if you keep the debug level low, Your app performance goes down due to the extra I/O.

When it comes to oracle is it true too?, Becuase the dbms_output writes to console which doesnt get redirected to any log file??. Can someone shed some light, may be someway to measure it.

Thanks
Rajesh Received on Thu Oct 06 2005 - 16:36:49 CDT