Re: Oracle Reports Developer - Before Report Trigger

From: Matthias Kleinicke <Matthias.Kleinicke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 21:28:33 +0200

Hi Wes,

Wes schrieb:
> Questions:
> (1) Is there some way to reference "this" report object so I can get
> the sql that is generated from my two sql queries and two data links so
> I can put it in a string variable to run the sql that way?
I do not know of such a way. Even if it would be possible I would not try to do this.
> (2) Or do I have to find a equivalent single SQL statement of what ever
> sql is generated from the two sql queries and two data links?
> If this is so, could you lead me in the right direction. My two
> datalinks are described below

> -- Data links - Note that G_A is a group within my 1st query
> Data link #1 = [ WHERE G_A.CODE = UNION_QRY.CODE1 ]
> Data link #2 = [ WHERE G_A.CODE_TYPE = UNION_QRY.CD_TYP ]

The SQL You are looking for is as simple as select count(*)
from (select_a) G_A, (select_b) UNION_QRY where g_a.code = union_qry and g_a.code_type = union_qry.cd_type where select_a and select_b are the statements of the two queries.

hth

Matthias Received on Thu Sep 08 2005 - 14:28:33 CDT