Commands unavailable: SQLLOAD / IMP / EXP

From: Alan Searle <aj_searle_at_xxxyahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 15:01:34 +0200

I am trying to populate a database and find that several commands are not available from SQL*PLUS.

These include SQLLOAD, EXP and IMP (error msg: 'enknown command').

I managed to get round the problem by IMPorting my data in Enterprise Manager but now I really do need to use SQLLOAD and I am not sure what is causing the problem.

Maybe it's a permission's issue? I am trying to do this with a user who has DBA permissions and IMP/EXP permissions but maybe that isn't enough?   Should I be logged in as SYS or SYSTEM?

All other commands (e.g. CREATE, DROP, etc) seem to work fine with that configuration.

I hope that someone can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks,
Alan Searle

PS: I also tried connecting an external table (delimetted in ascii format) but the command 'fell over' at ORGANISATION EXTERNAL (error msg: Missing or invalid option). I imagine this is caused by the same problem as with SQLLOAD. Received on Thu Sep 08 2005 - 08:01:34 CDT