Re: Commands unavailable: SQLLOAD / IMP / EXP

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:08:26 +0200

"Alan Searle" <aj_searle_at_xxxyahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news: dfpce9$aa3$1_at_newsreader3.netcologne.de...

| I am trying to populate a database and find that several commands are
| not available from SQL*PLUS.
|
| These include SQLLOAD, EXP and IMP (error msg: 'enknown command').
|
| I managed to get round the problem by IMPorting my data in Enterprise
| Manager but now I really do need to use SQLLOAD and I am not sure what
| is causing the problem.
|
| Maybe it's a permission's issue? I am trying to do this with a user who
| has DBA permissions and IMP/EXP permissions but maybe that isn't enough?
| Should I be logged in as SYS or SYSTEM?
|
| All other commands (e.g. CREATE, DROP, etc) seem to work fine with that
| configuration.
|
| I hope that someone can point me in the right direction.
|
| Many thanks,
| Alan Searle
|
| PS: I also tried connecting an external table (delimetted in ascii
| format) but the command 'fell over' at ORGANISATION EXTERNAL (error msg:
| Missing or invalid option). I imagine this is caused by the same
| problem as with SQLLOAD.

imp, exp and sqlldr are OS programs and not SQL*Plus commands. Have a look at "Utilities" book:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96652/toc.htm

For your external table, as you don't post your statement we can't help you but remember external tables are available only from 9i.

Regards
Michel Cadot Received on Thu Sep 08 2005 - 08:08:26 CDT