Re: Fetch cursor very slow

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:43:45 -0700

Ludovic Bostral wrote:
> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 1125416141.631774_at_yasure...
>

>>>I have not much experience of oracle, and i don't know why performance is
>>>so bad,
>>
>>You have some full table accesses. Are there indexes that are not
>>being used or are there indexes that are missing? Are statistics
>>current with DBMS_STATS?
>>
>>Patch up to 9.2.0.6 at a minimum.
>>
>>What hardware and CPUs? What O/S? How much RAM?

> Windows server 2003, 1 CPU, Pentium 3GHz, 1 Go RAM
>
> The statistics are calculated, and I create index for all fields of the
> joins (but maybe it's wrong and not sufficient)
>
> for the version, I can't find oracle version superior to 9.2.0.1
> (http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html)

Patch to 9.2.0.6.

I'd add another Gig of RAM on general principle given how hungry Windows is ... well actually I'd switch to Redhat Linux.

interMedia and Oracle Text are very CPU intensive. Run a StatsPack and figure out what's actually going on after patching.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org