Re: What do Oracle professionals think of Fabian Pascal?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:55:47 -0700

fabian pascal wrote:

>>What logic?  You state most people in the industry are uninformed,
>>80%-90% of pronouncements are wrong.  Where do you get such statistics?
>>  Where is your evidence?  Do you not see a problem with telling people
>>to claim things with evidence while you make stuff up?

> I have a site,

And an anonymous one too: Impressive. And of course we all believe everything we read on the internet. For example I believe this: http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4133&n=2

several columns and two books chockful of evidence and
> you ask where it is?

Seemed like a reasonable question. You've got columns? What columns? What publictions? What pages? You've got books? Heck I've got books. My mother has books. Likely she has more books than you too.

  Do you expect me to feed all that stuff to you in
> a thread?

Unless you want people to draw the conclusions they are drawing I think the answer is that they do.

  If you want to criticize my position, first educate yourself
> on it, THEN state your case. I did not come online and made claims
> about you, you did. SO it is incumbent on you to do the homework, if
> you want to be taken seriously.

He is being taken seriously. You are the one that appears to be posturing. You may well be correct in everything you've said. But based on your posts I'd have to give you low marks on making your case. So far zero facts, zero references, lots of vague allusions bereft of content.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org