static/dynamic/embedded SQL distinctions

From: <jrefactors_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2005 12:02:02 -0700

I want to distinguish between static SQL, dynamic SQL, and embedded SQL, but couldn't find too much useful resources in the web.

For example, if we put SQL statements (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, etc...) inside an application (e.g. Java application, VB application, etc...), do we consider those SQL statements as static SQL? or embedded SQL?

How about dynamic SQL? any practical examples?

Please advise. thanks!! Received on Mon Aug 22 2005 - 14:02:02 CDT