Re: selecting top performers

From: Ed Prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2005 21:54:38 -0700

joel-garry_at_home.com wrote:
> So is there PL/SQL in the SQL standard? :-)

Host languages are mentioned, but not PL/SQL specifically. So, yeah, you got me. 8^)

> I direct the OP to
> http://www.orafaq.com/faq/Server_Utilities/SQL/faq24.htm

A better solution, but still incomplete. My whole point is that selecting the TOP 10 or MIDDLE 50 is really a display module function. It doesn't fit the concept of relational databases well at all. The designers of SQL knew that, which is why we have CURSORS.

 Have a great day,
   Ed Received on Mon Aug 08 2005 - 23:54:38 CDT