Inter-table references

From: Dale <dschmitz4_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 16:42:58 -0500

I don't even know if my subject line makes sense...

I'm trying to find out if there are ways that similar fields between tables can be made dependent on each other for their values. That is, if I define two tables with some similar fields, can I force one table to be updated from the other outside of running a script to do so.

I guess I'm looking to find out if Oracle has any attributes that would cover such requirements, something that is a property between the tables or such.

That's as best as I can explain it. Hope this isn't too nebulous.

Thanks.

Dale Received on Tue Aug 02 2005 - 16:42:58 CDT