Re: CLOB to BLOB + charset conversion

From: Canobix <canobix_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Jul 2005 23:45:31 -0700

Hi,

well, I'm not the author of either the source or the destination applications. Although the app I'm migrating to is open source and I could rewrite it, I'd rather do a one-time database conversion than patching the application on every new release prior to deployment.   If there is no PL/SQL solution possible it shouldn't be too big of a problem to write a Java utility for doing the conversion, but I was hoping to avoid that scenario especially since PL/SQL is supposed to be so powerful ;-) (nothing like a subtle putdown of their favorite technology to motivate people to help, I hope :-) Received on Thu Jul 14 2005 - 01:45:31 CDT