Re: Suggestions for a reporting system

From: rcamarda <rcamarda_at_cablespeed.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2005 06:07:20 -0700

I use DecisionStream by Cognos.
http://www.cognos.com/products/business_intelligence/data_preparation/index.html?lid=//Products//Business%20Intelligence//Cognos%20DecisionStream It can connect to MS SQL, Oracle, text files, ODBC and others. Likewise I can deliever the data to these connections as well. I've not used any other ETL tools, so I cant say how it compares to others. However, it works well for my company.
Support type1 and type2 dimensions (slowly changing dimensions) surrogate keys, heirarchies and can create metadata for other products (Cognos' ReportNet and Powerplay).
HTH
Rob Received on Mon Jun 27 2005 - 08:07:20 CDT