Suggestions for a reporting system

From: <yashgt_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Jun 2005 05:28:49 -0700

Hi,

We will be developing a management reporting software for a bank. The user will see reports that get updated in near real time( e.g. every 5 min), with data regarding transaction amounts, etc. across a number of dimensions such as day, time, region, etc. The dimensions will be hierarchical in nature. So a zone will have states and a state will have cities.
The raw data has to be pulled from several different databases, such as a DB for ATM transactions, another for home loan applications, etc. It should be easy to add customized reports if a different view of the data is desired.
Our clients suggest that we use a tool called Clementine developed by SPSS. But we have the liberty to choose a different tool if that serves our purpose.
Clementine seems to allow a data flow to be defined which might be of use to pur project. Does anyone have any idea how this could be different from SQL server's Data Transformation Services?

Any other thoughts regarding the approach to be taken, will be appreciated.

Thanks
Yash Received on Mon Jun 27 2005 - 07:28:49 CDT