Re: differences between 9i and 10g

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:11:25 GMT

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:51:13 +0000, DH interested us by writing:

> My company is going to spring for some Oracle training courses for me. I'm
> wondering how much difference there is in the product between 9i and 10g.
> The application we're using currently runs on 9i. But I would have a larger
> choice in course locations if I could consider 10g training as well as 9i.
> Is there much difference between the two? Do I need to stick with 9i?

Yes, there are significant differences. You may not use the features, especially if your developers insist on duplicating what Oracle has available in the product (usually because they have no time to read, as they are too busy duplicating effort ...)

There is a wonderful document at http://docs.oracle.com, in the Oracle Database 10g section, titled

"
OracleŽ Database New Features Guide
10g Release 1 (10.1)
"

It's been created especialy to answer the question you asked. Could you favour us by spending a modest amount of time reading it?

You can also get to it from the DB 10g docco portal at: http://otn.oracle.com/pls/db10g/portal.portal_demo3?selected=1

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com