Re: Can I select(*) from T only fields that are not null?

From: Andreas Mosmann <keineemails_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 16:00:03 +0200

sybrandb_at_yahoo.com schrieb am 09.06.2005 in <1118324503.116157.124970_at_g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>:

> It doesn't exist. Either learn how to program or search a different
> profession.
> Geez, is it possible developers are still getting more lazy than they
> already are?

You surely think about the oracle- programmers, isn't it? Not the database is the product I sell but the application using this database.
(and yes, SQLPlus and SQLPlus worksheet are programs, developers should be shot for).

It is IMHO correct to ask, if a tool can make work easier without my more or less complicated work.

SQL is a useful "language" but there are (many) things that will not work, f.i. this the OP asked for.
(yes, I could write a PL/SQL function, that fulfills his wishes. Yes, it would be possible that in hundreds of PL/SQL- packages such a function exist, and
yes, PL/SQL is a stoneage language you can use, if you have to develop some fast functions near the database,
no, it is not funny)

> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Andreas Mosmann
Software Developer

--
wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de