dba_dependencies "extra" rows?

From: <billprew_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Jun 2005 19:56:22 -0700

I am trying to use the dba_dependencies view to create a hierarchical indented tree list of where objects are used. But the rows in dba_dependencies seem to overstate the actual direct references. For example, if I have the following:

ViewA does a select against ViewB

ViewB does a select against ViewC

ViewC does a select against DUAL and uses a function FuncA()

When I look at dba_dependencies, it shows the following references:

ViewA -> ViewB
ViewA -> ViewC
ViewA -> FuncA
ViewB -> ViewC
ViewB -> FuncA
ViewC -> FuncA
ViewC -> DUAL

This makes it look like ViewA calls FuncA directly, but that isn't the case. What I want is a list that accurately reflects direct references, like:

ViewA -> ViewB
  ViewB -> ViewC
    ViewC -> FuncA
    ViewC -> DUAL

Anybody know the trick to filter out the bogus rows?

~bp Received on Tue Jun 07 2005 - 21:56:22 CDT