Re: [HELP]sqlldr question

From: Chris \( Val \) <chrisval_at_bigpond.com.au>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 02:39:40 GMT

"Hantie" <blk330ci_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d847dc$hd2_at_imsp212.netvigator.com...

|I am using sqlldr to perform bulk insertion, however, I would like to config

| that whatever there is a reject/bad record found, the whole insertion will
| be rollback (all or none). Could anyone here can help me through how to
| setup? thanks!!

One idea might be to create a temporary staging table, and load that up with SQLLDR.

If no errors were encountered, then drop the original table and rename the staging table to suite.

If errors were encountered during the loading process, then you could easily truncate the staging table and try again without hurting the real table.

Just an idea.

Cheers,
Chris Val Received on Tue Jun 07 2005 - 21:39:40 CDT