Re: Row values changing back to old values randomly???

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 23:55:10 +0200

On Fri, 27 May 2005 23:44:09 +0200, DG <info_at_no-spam-e-resitve.com> wrote:

>So back to the technical side. I though about transaction isolation
>levels. Is it possible that the database is configured to "READ
>UNCOMMITED" isolation level by default? This would mean that the TOAD is
>really showing data which hasn't been committed yet. Later the session
>disconnects and the data is converted back.

There is no such thing as read uncommitted isolation level. Apart from that, an exit from an Oracle session issues an implicit commit.
You would need logminer to establish what is going on the database side, another option would be running statspack or even utlbstat/utlestat. Both statspack and utlbstat/utlestat establish the number of rollbacks issued. However, rollbacks are not being issued by Oracle ever.
Good luck with your attempt hunting phantoms.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA