Oracle Client breaks c# interop?

From: <a95johjo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 May 2005 23:46:40 -0700

Hi
I've a problem with an application that recently started to produce strange behaviour with interop. I'm automating Word and Adobe Illustrator through C# and it has worked fine for a long time. However, since some time it only works when running SQL Server as the database. When I connect the application throgh Oracle 9 client it crashes with a "Access denied" message. The crashing row is Word.Application app = new Word.ApplicationClass() and obviously this has nothing to do with Oracle, but since it works when running SQL Server????

1. I use OraOleDb provider to connect c# to oracle.
2. It works fine on another computer.
3. It worked fine on this computer for 1.5 years.
4. Everyone has access to Oracle files (since that is an issue with
Oracle Client).
5. I've been able to get the error on a Windows 2000 Server as well. This computer is Windows XP SP2. I've run FileMon and RegMon with no leading results.

Any ideas???? Reinstall everything? Call Bill and complain? /
Johan Received on Thu May 26 2005 - 01:46:40 CDT