Re: how to view all tables?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 15 Apr 2005 13:08:36 -0700

Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Paul wrote on 15.04.2005 20:02:
>
> > No, it is most definitely *_NOT_* more convenient to read
top-posted
> > replies. If someone makes more than one point in the original post,
> > then people who are trying to follow the discussion (with their own
> > free time!) have to scroll back and forward to verify what is being
> > responded to.
>
> So, when you read a blog or a site with news items, do you expect the
most
> recent one to be at the top of the page, or at the bottom?
>
> Thomas

How many news sites have interleaved point responses?

I for one don't read many blogs, because they tend to be so heavily biased towards the single blogger, and the interfaces just plain suck.

I read a lot of newspaper and some online news, and do not expect it to be formatted the same as newsgroups, since I am not generally responding to it. To me, your comment is supporting bottom posting. And sites that have news and invite people to respond nearly always have the responses at the bottom. See /. gripe2ed ad infinitum. And the more interactive website fora have the posts at the bottom.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Golden anniversay for the golden arches, micky dee's is fifty today.