Re: how to view all tables?

From: Paul <paulsnewsgroups_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 16:55:14 +0100

Thomas Kellerer <NNGNVRDSJEBN_at_spammotel.com> wrote:

>> No, it is most definitely *_NOT_* more convenient to read top-posted
>> replies. If someone makes more than one point in the original post,
>> then people who are trying to follow the discussion (with their own
>> free time!) have to scroll back and forward to verify what is being
>> responded to.

>So, when you read a blog or a site with news items, do you expect the most
>recent one to be at the top of the page, or at the bottom?

Take a look at Tom Kyte's blogs, where he replies to questioners. He posts the question first, then his reply and then followups, some of which he answers also, but it is in order, and the closest thing I have seen to the newsgroup forum on the web.

For my money, the best form of support/advice/info is a newsgroup - with it's readily visible threading + killlfiling, it's easy to parse out the useful posters and/or posts from the rubbish. It so happens that here on the oracle groups, the "big-hitters" seem to prefer the inline posting format rather than top-posting. It's what you should use if you want answers.

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.2.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, As a courtesy to those who spend
time analyzing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.