Re: how to view all tables?

From: Paul <paulsnewsgroups_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:02:56 +0100

Thomas Kellerer <NNGNVRDSJEBN_at_spammotel.com> wrote:

>> Not being a frequent poster and having not read up on etiquette, I top
>> posted because I like to read the last comment straight away and not have to
>> scroll to the bottom every time.

>I second that. This "netiquette" might have been approriate in the old
>times, but now that (I guess) everybody is using a news reader that
>displays the threads as trees, it's much more convenient if the most recent
>message is on the top and not at the bottom.

No, it is most definitely *_NOT_* more convenient to read top-posted replies. If someone makes more than one point in the original post, then people who are trying to follow the discussion (with their own free time!) have to scroll back and forward to verify what is being responded to.

You will also notice that many/most of the people who give the most replies and the most expert replies abhor the practice of top-posting. If you want help on this forum, is it too much to ask that you spend the odd second or two it takes to format a readable reply?

One significant poster here even has in his .sig, "I will no longer assist with top-posted queries" or words to that effect.

>Not even talking about the display in Google: "100 more lines. Click here"
>simply to read the answer

Get a decent newsreader - there are tons of them.

Paul...

--

plinehan __at__ yahoo __dot__ __com__

XP Pro, SP 2,

Oracle, 9.2.0.1.0 (Enterprise Ed.)
Interbase 6.0.2.0;

When asking database related questions, please give other posters
some clues, like operating system, version of db being used and DDL.
The exact text and/or number of error messages is useful (!= "it didn't work!").
Thanks.

Furthermore, As a courtesy to those who spend
time analyzing and attempting to help, please
do not top post.