Problem building DBD::Oracle on 64 bit solaris

From: Yuri Shtil <yshtil_at_synopsys.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:51:22 -0700

I've tried to build this module using Oracle 10 for solaris 64 bit. The problem is that the perl I have is 32 bit, so it does not like 64 bit shared libraries. I could not find 32 bit libraries in the Oracle distribution. There are some, but not all. To be honest, I have not installed Oracle, I just perused the cpio file I downloaded and extracted files needed to build the module.
I find it odd, that in order to build the module I need to install the whole thing. I only need to access a DB from the host in question, not use the DB on the host.
Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to build 64 bit perl? Received on Wed Apr 13 2005 - 15:51:22 CDT