keep select in transaction

From: Eitan <no_spam_please_at_nospam_please.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:40:48 +0200

Hello,
I want to open a transaction in oracle (9i), where first I declare a transaction,
I want that any select will not be affected, as the database changes after I open the transaction.

i.e :

start transaction
' during this time rows were inserted to database in other transaction.
' I don't want that when I do the following select - I get the rows, that
were inserted

select * from table_that_was_changed_after_start_trans
' I don't want that the changes on the above tables will be seen on the
result.

commit transaction

Thanks :) Received on Mon Apr 11 2005 - 08:40:48 CDT