select rows from multiple date ranges.

From: Piyush <piyush_parmar_at_calpers.ca.gov>
Date: 8 Apr 2005 13:58:41 -0700

Hi,

I've been using basic SQL for a while, but this one has me puzzled. I am hoping somebody out there knows how to accomplish this. I need to view log entries from a table that exist between multiple date ranges. example:

row timestamp ref_item item_des --- ---------- --------- ---------

1      4/7/2005      xxx           xxxx
2      4/7/2005      process      initialized.
3      4/7/2005      xxx           xxxx
4      4/7/2005      xxx           xxxx
5      4/7/2005      xxx           xxxx
6      4/7/2005      process      completed.
7      4/7/2005      xxx           xxxx
8      4/7/2005      xxx           xxxx
9      4/8/2005      process      initialized.
10     4/8/2005      xxx           xxxx
11     4/8/2005      xxx           xxxx
12     4/8/2005      xxx           xxxx
13     4/8/2005      process      completed.
14     4/9/2005      xxx           xxxx

I need to select all log entries that occur between the process/initalized and process/completed, but nothing outside that range. so in this example, i would only select rows 2-6 and rows 9-13.  any ideas?

Thanks, Received on Fri Apr 08 2005 - 15:58:41 CDT