Oracle Forms App very slow on some computers

From: Ridolph <magnusspamridolph_at_spymac.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 23:10:08 -0400

We're running an Oracle Forms App called Pledgemaker (for non-profits). It's running under Oracle 9.2 under Windows Server 2003. On half of our clients (all well-equipped dells), it runs fine, but on the other half it is extraordinarily slow. I'm looking for clues as to why this is. Everyone is configured in about the same way. The app is running off of the server. The server is not overloaded.

I was wondering if anyone had run into anything similar with an Oracle Forms application under NT, or if there might be some other explanation for the problem, like network trouble (though nothing else has problems). I'm used to Oracle under Unix, not NT, so any suggestions about how to diagnose this would be helpful.

Thanks! Received on Wed Apr 06 2005 - 22:10:08 CDT