Re: What can I do with a *.sqr file?

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:23:06 GMT

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 23:50:21 -0700, Ramon F Herrera interested us by writing:

> Could someone with knowledge of SQR explain what is the advantage of
> sending me the data that way? I honestly thought that this was some
> 100% Oracle thing, that would avoid the SQL*Loader step, but now it
> looks like I will have to learn SQR and buy the SQR system.

Is SQR still alive?

If it's the same beast, we used that back in 1989 ... an excellent control-file based report writer - competed with Oracle's SQL*RPT (which was dumped in favour of SQL*ReportWriter <sigh>). I always thought of it as a 'batch oriented SQL*Plus on steroids'.

Again, if same or derivative, it probably has reasonably simple syntax, very fast execution and is well worth learning.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com