Re: update email address

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 5 Apr 2005 14:12:30 -0800

Sheela (spathiyal_at_yahoo.ca) wrote:
: Hi there,
: I would like to update 5000 email address from

: name_at_xxxxxx.com to name_at_yyyyy.com.
: name1_at_xxxxxx.com to name1_at_yyyyy.com
: -----
: ------
: -----
: I tried this statment :
: update student a set
: substr(a.email_addr,(instr(a.email_addr,'@')+1),10) = 'yyyyy.com'where
: stud_id like 'name'

hum, unless there is something new in oracle sql that I haven't learned yet (always a possibility), you need to specify a column name for the SET.

SET a.email_addr = build a new string here

Also, (perhaps due to your newsreader)

--

This space not for rent.