Re: logon users report

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 5 Apr 2005 11:14:03 -0800

Facun Chamut (facunchamut_at_gmail.com) wrote:

: Rauf Sarwar wrote:
: > Facun Chamut wrote:
: > > Hi,
: > > I am trying to find information regarding users loging on to our
: > Oracle
: > > 9i DB. Stuff like when was the last time they log on, how much time
: > > they spent online, etc. On which table(s) would I find this
: > > information?
: > > Thanks,
: > >
: > > -Facundo.
: >
: > You have to switch on session auditing to get this information.
: >
: >
: http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96521/audit.htm#10617
: >
: >
: > and look for "Auditing Connections and Disconnections". You can view
: > the audit info. in sys.aud$.
: >
: > Regards
: > /Rauf

: Thanks to both of you.
: sys.aud$ and dba_audit_session (a view of sys.aud$ ?) are empty.
: I pressume this means session auditing is off and there is no other way
: to get this data, right?

Let me guess, you're trying to get logon information for things that happened already.

Perhaps your servers have other logging, such as of network connections. Perhaps those logs could help. If the client accesses using sqlplus from a PC then the there maybe logon information about logging into the PC, and that could correlate to network accesses to the oracle server.

$0.02

--

This space not for rent.