Pinning a tcp connection in oracle.

From: DaLoverhino <DaLoveRhino_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1 Apr 2005 15:36:52 -0800

Hello. I need to send data to a server using utl_tcp.connection. Now, the problem is the set of procs that do this get called often and there's an overhead caused by opening and closing a connection every time the proc is executed.

I'd like to have one connection used, and be shared by all the procs across any session open. How may I be able to do this?

What I'd like to do is 'pin' the connection into SGA. Using dbms_shared_pool.keep(), but it appears this only works with packages and procedures, but not variables.

Is there a way to create a global connection in Oracle to be shared by all procs across sessions?

Thanks. Received on Fri Apr 01 2005 - 17:36:52 CST