Re: OracleOraHome92Agent doesnt start

From: Andreas Mosmann <keineemails_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:13:12 +0100

Sybrand Bakker schrieb am 20.03.2005:

Hi, and thank you for the quick answer.

> a) net helpsmg <errornumber> provides you with the answer to this
> Usually, there would be an associated error message of the
> corresponding Oracle facility. However, in your case, you seem to have
Thanx, this was the answer.

> evidently a memory problem,and I assume it even doesn't get to
> starting the service. Isn't your system paging like hell?
No, it is ok. I dont work on other things when I use oracle.
> Other than that look in dbsnmp and dbsnmpw.log
I will do.

> b) not much apart from a listener.ora and tnsnames.ora, Agent will use
> them to generate services.ora, snmp_ro.ora and snmp_rw.ora.
I looked inside and found out (i am a fool, sorry) thar I changed the hostname after oracle-istallation. So I have to look where are all the places the old hostname has to be replaced.

> Obviously, this is all documented, but most people seem to consider
> the Usenet newsgroups as a replacement for reading the documentation.
I am sorry, but I always first study online-help and web/groups before I ask. But I really dont get along with oracle- help. Whenever I searched it took me long time to find the information I looked for (if I found). It is much more comfortable to search via google. Sure, all is documented, but there are millions of pages and in my opinion there is no intuitiv order in it.

But again, many thanks, there is a new beginning in search

Andreas

--
if email then AndreasMosmann <at> web <dot> de