Re: OracleOraHome92Agent doesnt start

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:33:03 +0100

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:15:49 +0100, Andreas Mosmann <keineemails_at_gmx.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I installed an Oracle 9.2i server on my home PC. (to prepare an exam).
>Sure, that it is a little small, 800MHz and 256Mb RAM (HD is no
>Problem).
>
>Without any warnings the system installed.
>
>But my problem is: I can do whatever I want, I dont get
>OracleOraHome92Agent started.
>There are no Entries in the dependencies- section.
>
>when I started the exe in the console I got the errormessage
>"StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed with err 1063."
>
>I googled a long time but I got no answers about a possible reason for
>this.
>
>a) Can anyone tell me, what this code means?
>b) Can anyone tell me, what the OracleOraHome92Agent needs to work?
>
>Many thanks
>
>Andreas

  1. net helpsmg <errornumber> provides you with the answer to this Usually, there would be an associated error message of the corresponding Oracle facility. However, in your case, you seem to have evidently a memory problem,and I assume it even doesn't get to starting the service. Isn't your system paging like hell? Other than that look in dbsnmp and dbsnmpw.log
  2. not much apart from a listener.ora and tnsnames.ora, Agent will use them to generate services.ora, snmp_ro.ora and snmp_rw.ora. Obviously, this is all documented, but most people seem to consider the Usenet newsgroups as a replacement for reading the documentation.
--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA