Re: looking for a good Database/oracle book for beginner

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 21:49:20 GMT

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 09:33:27 +0100, Rony Yeo wrote:

> hi can someone help me, i'm looking for a good beginner book, i have no
> experience with database program.
>
> thank you

What is your objective? For example: Are you after understanding what databases do? what Oracle does? how to manage Oracle? how to develop for an Oracle environment? There are good books to answer each of these questions individually.

I generally recommend http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/oressentials3/ to managers, to people coming from other databases and to people who want to start with Oracle, as it's easy to read and starts one with the language. But it's only a non-technical introduction.

/FGB Received on Wed Mar 09 2005 - 15:49:20 CST