Re: VB.net front end / slow queries

From: Ann via OracleMonster.com <forum_at_OracleMonster.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:47:53 GMT

Thanks for your kind reply.

"Filed" in the second select statament is a typo in my post, but it is correct in the code.

Yes, field one is the primary key in both tables. There is an index on field 5. I select all records explicitly naming each field in my select statement in the VB code.

The query is using the index on table a which includes header records, and it is not using the index on table b which includes detail records. It is doing a full table scan on the detail table.