Re: LTRIM or TRIM Function

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:02:08 -0800

Paul Izzo wrote:

> Sorry that my question doesn't comply to you DA Morgen. I was just
> looking for a way to create a trigger that would run one a tablespace.
> But it's not possible. I don't remember the exact error message but it
> had something to do with "mutilated tablespace".
>
> Your replies don't really add any substance to the thread. Do us all
> a favor when you think that this is "homework" or too simple for you.
> It might not be so easy for someone else. If you don't have anything
> constructive to say then keep it to yourself.
>
> I assure you again that this wasn't homework.
>
> P.S. I wasn't able to hand in my final project. I guess I'll drop out
> of school and monitor forums as a so called Oracle know it all.

The error message was MUTATING not MUTILATED. And I'll stifle the comment that is on the tip of my tongue.

Do yourself a favor ... provide enough useful and accurate information for someone to help you if you wish such. But if it was not homework you might want to seriously consider taking a basic Oracle class.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington