Re: Performace question

From: music4 <music4_at_163.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:58:31 +0800

Sybrand,

Thanks for your answer! Your assumption is correct. The table performs like a temporary table. Many processes insert record into it, and one process read and delete record from it. So I believe that high water mark problem. Actually, I check total bytes of the table is 42188800 and unused bytes 3317760, so that high water mark is very high.

For the three solution you suggested, the first one is currently not doable, we are using Oracle 8i, there are many problems for upgrading to 10g, not only technical but also business issues. For the second and third solution, would you please make them more clear? Is there any other way to reduce high water mark?

Thanks again,
Evan